Locality: Urh�je and Myrh�je Description of supplementary Danish GeoSites
1. GeoSite no.: GS - 11-3.
2. National locality no.: NGI - 25.
3. GeoSite name: Urh�je plantation.
4. Location: Denmark; Denmark; Northern Jutland.
5. Co-ordinates UTM: System ED50 Zone 32, x=515781, y=6295600.
6. Type of locality: Soil profiles.
Primary geological features
7. Main topic: Podzolization.
8. Geo(morpho)logy: Inland dunes with a wide variety of podzols from weak podzols developed in recently deposited shifting sand to strongly developed podzols in older deposits. Several podzols may be found in a single profile or as drainage sequences.
9. Frame / context: Pedology.
10. Chronostratigraphy: South Scandinavian iron age to present time.
11. Primary value: Grades and successions of podzols in aolian dune sand.
12. Comparative evaluation: Urh�je plantation is a unique site in soil science for illustrating different stages of podzolization on sandy parent material.
13. Comparable GeoSites: In Denmark: None (Similar locations exist in other inland dune areas in Jutland).